In this project, students will try to obtain the most voltage by designing a unique blade design. The student group that achieves the highest voltage will be winner of the competition.
Begin to put together your team of 3. Make sure at least one of your team is the recorder of your entire process.
1. Research how generators work.
2. Use the parts provided to construct your base, tower and generator.
3. Learn how to use the multimeter for voltage. Use a 9v battery to practice.
4. Research wind turbine blades. See if you can find out what shapes or designs make blades turn faster.
5. Brainstorm and design a blade style and draw it on paper or use 123d design to make a digital design.
6. Construct your blade and attach to generator.
7. Try your design, make several test runs while recording all your results. Use a camera to record as well.
8. Modify and make adjustments and then test again.
9. Make your final conclusions and make a visual report describing your process, results and conclusions.